1. Don’t sweat the small sh*t.
2. Find humor in EVERYTHING, particularly the small things. Laugh everyday. Then when that’s done, do it again.
3. In life, try to find some kind of balance with it all…between the many peaks and valleys… everything in moderation.
4. Try to have purpose for the things you do. Don’t just do to do. Anyone can do that. Find good reason. And always keep your eyes on the prize, whatever that may be. Stay focused.
5. Think before you open you mouth and at the same time speak up when you really have something to say. But understand that not everyone is going to want to hear what’s on your mind.
6. Don’t be so wasteful. Americans waste too much as it is. What we call poor is rich to most of the rest of the world. Don’t take more than you need of anything and give back what you don’t use whenever possible.
7. Don’t expect anything from anyone. Ever. Learn to be self-reliant. But when you really need help, don’t be afraid to ask. And if someone does help you, then pay them back or pay it forward.
8. Take care of your business. When you play, play hard. When you work, don’t play. Earn your keep.
9. Realize your importance and also your insignificance. One person can truly make a difference but also know that we are all just little organisms on one small planet in one small universe. Again, try to find some balance. LOL.
10. Help people that need help. Any help is better than no help. A world without help is a world without hope.
11. Be kind to others, particularly strangers. And if they’re rude, make sure they know they are or they’ll never see the need to change.
12. However extravagant or humble, be thankful for everything that you have. Every day. In every way. For one day it may all be gone.
13. Power is nothing without passion.
14. Appreciate the things you don’t understand or don’t believe in. Don’t be so quick to judge everything and everyone.
15. Try to think outside the box. Imagination is very powerful and very important.
16. Always try to go for the Win/Win situation. It doesn’t always have to involve compromise. The best ideas usually come when both parties work together towards an even better idea.
17. Take care of your body. Take care of your mind and emotions. Take care of you heart. Take care of you spirit. Every day. In every way.
18. When someone helps you, tell them thank you.
19. Don’t let the people you care most about never hear you say that you love them.
20. People make mistakes. Learn from yours. Try to fogive others for their mistakes. Try to forgive yourself for your own.
21. Always shoot for the stars because anything is possible. But also understand that sometimes there really are limitations.
22. There are many roads to the same destination. If one doesn’t work. Pick another.
23. Learn to have self-control. Because life is full of temptation. Every day. In every way. Without self-control, no one stand a chance in hell.
24. Stay away from negative thoughts and negative people.
25. Understand that somewhere, within us all, is an unlimited amount of love within our hearts. Everyone experiences pain and suffering. And nothing feels better than real deal Joy.
26. Understand that if you’re not truly happy in your own life, that no drug, no relationship, no amount of money or material possession, no NOTHING is ever going to change that. Only you can make that change. But first you have to believe that you can.
27. Don’t concern yourself with what others think. You can’t please all the people all the time. But with that said, you can’t just please yourself all the time either. Again, there’s got to be a balance.
28. If you’re not doing anything about the things you don’t like in the world or in you own life, then consider yourself part of the problem. Try to be pro-active. Don’t just sit back and watch.
29. Mind your own damn business. But also never let anyone mind your business better than you.
30. Pride is important. So is confidence. But too much pride and too much self-confidence or ego just makes you another f*cking asshole. Don’t be an asshole. We have too many as it is.
31. Might isn’t necessarily right. But when push comes to shove, you have to fight. Because no one will fight for you if you don’t fight for yourself.
32. Focus on the things that make us all the same rather than the things that make us all different. But also respect diversity. And when it comes to such things as religion and politics, focus on the big picture rather than all the little snapshots. And just agree to disagree.
33. Take responsibilty for your own actions. Every day. In every way.
34. When you’re wrong, you’re wrong. Admit it and move on.
35. Live for the moment. But also work for the future. Nothing is certain. Find a balance.
37. Laugh some more. Then laugh again.
Some Thangz i Try to Live By… by Carlton Cullins
1. Don’t sweat the small sh*t.